Municipal Court
Big Sandy Municipal Court

The Big Sandy Municipal Court is located at City Hall at 100 N. Tyler Street in Big Sandy.  The presiding Judge is the Honorable Donna Blalock.  Court is usually held on the 1st and 3rd Thursday nights of each month at 6:00 PM.

You may contact the court by phone at 903.636.5534 or by email at court@bigsandytx.gov.


Your Citation


  • If you have questions regarding your citation, call the court at 903.636.5534. 
  • Wait at least 72 hours after receiving your citation before you call to ensure that the court has received and entered the citation into our computer system.
  • Review the Big Sandy Court Plea Form regarding entering a plea.
  • After you decide how you want to plea, you can either appear in person on or before your scheduled court date to enter your plea or complete the municipal court plea sheet and submit it prior to your scheduled court date.
  • REMEMBER:  Only the person whose name appears on the citation (or a licensed attorney with a letter of representation) can enter a plea or call the court regarding your citation.
  • If you fail to appear on your court date, the following can occur:
    • an additional Violate Promise to Appear ticket can be issued
    • Warrants for your arrest can be issued
    • A hold may be placed on the renewal of your license

Your plea options are:


  • Guilty

Entering this plea means that you are admitting to the offense as charged. You will be required to pay the applicable fine plus all court costs.

  • No Contest (or Nolo Contendre)

This plea means that you are “not contesting” the offense. You are not admitting that you committed the offense nor are you denying it either. However, you understand that you will still be responsible for paying the applicable fine plus all court costs.

  • No Contest with Driver's Safety Course

This plea means you are "not contesting" the offense and are requesting to take a Driver's Safety Course in lieu of paying the full fine. 

  • Not Guilty

When you enter this plea, you are stating to the court that you believe you are innocent of the charge and you wish to have your case placed on the trial docket. You must appear before the Judge if you wish to plead not guilty and request a bench or  jury trial.

  • Deferred Adjudication

Deferred Adjudication is a method to have your citation dismissed upon the successful completion of a probationary period – with the minimum 30 days and a maximum of 180 days probationary period. Even though you plead “guilty” or “no contest,” the court does not “find you guilty” and the citation does not show as a conviction on your driving record.  Instead, the court defers further proceedings and places you on probation for a period of time with conditions of probation.

Copyright © City of Big Sandy, Texas  2016.

powered by ezTaskTitanium TM